Chicken parmigiana rissoles
We’ve given chicken parmi an inventive makeover! Loaded with veggies and herbs, these no-fuss rissoles will be your new go-to.
Note: + 10 mins chilling time
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 500g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Mince
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1/3 cup finely chopped basil
- 1 cup (75g) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) tomato pasta sauce
- 100g shaved leg ham
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2/3 cup (70g) shredded pizza cheese
- Oven-baked thick-cut chips, to serve
Place the zucchini in the centre of a clean tea towel. Squeeze to remove excess liquid. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl with the mince, egg, half the basil and half the breadcrumbs. Season. Divide the mixture into 8 portions. Use your hands to shape each portion into a 2.5cm-thick patty.
Place remaining breadcrumbs on a plate. Roll each patty in breadcrumbs to coat. Transfer to a separate plate. Place in the fridge for 10 mins to chill.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until the onion softens. Add the pasta sauce and reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 mins or until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the remaining basil.
Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the rissoles and cook for 3-4 mins each side or until browned and almost cooked through.
Preheat grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil. Arrange the rissoles on the lined tray. Top the rissoles with ham, pasta sauce mixture and cheese. Cook under grill for 3-4 mins or until the cheese melts and rissoles are cooked through. Divide the rissoles, salad leaves and chips among serving plates.