Chicken skewers with jewelled cauliflower rice
Ready in just 35 minutes, these tasty chicken skewers paired with jewelled cauliflower rice make an impressive and mouth-watering weeknight meal.
- 1 large pkt (about 1kg) El-Amin's Halal Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 300g pkt cauliflower rice
- 2 tbs Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 300g pkt Mix-A-Mato Tomatoes, halved
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
Cut chicken into 24 thin strips and thread onto 12 metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Combine the cumin, coriander and oil in a small bowl and brush over the chicken. Heat a greased barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook skewers, turning, for 8 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil. Set aside to rest.
Meanwhile, cook cauliflower following packet directions. Cool slightly.
Combine the yoghurt, tahini, honey, lemon juice and 2 tbs of water in a small bowl.
Combine the cauliflower, chickpeas, tomato, rocket, mint, pomegranate and pine nuts in a large bowl. Season.
Divide the couscous mixture and skewers among serving plates. Season and drizzle with yoghurt mixture to serve.