Chicken tikka salad
On the table in 15 minutes, this Indian-inspired chicken salad is a great addition to your weekly dinner rotation. It’s packed with chickpeas, marinated chicken breast and drizzled with a tasty yoghurt mixture.
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets, halved horizontally
- 1 tbs tikka curry paste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (70g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbs mango chutney
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
Combine chicken, curry paste and oil in a medium glass or ceramic dish.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook the chicken for 5 mins each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 2 mins to rest. Thickly slice.
Meanwhile, combine the spinach, spring onion, carrot, cucumber and chickpeas in a large bowl. Combine the yoghurt, chutney, turmeric and 2 tbs warm water in a small bowl. Season. Drizzle salad with half the yoghurt mixture and gently toss to combine.
Divide salad mixture among serving plates and top with chicken. Drizzle with remaining yoghurt mixture and sprinkle with coriander. Season to serve.