Chilli prawn and fresh tomato pappardelle
This chilli prawn and tomato pasta dish is a mouth-watering dinner idea. Even better, it’s ready in just 20 minutes!
- 500g Cucina Matese Egg Pappardelle No. 123
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 750g raw prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine or chicken stock
- 200g Perino tomatoes, halved or whole
- 1 tbs coarsely chopped dill
- 120g baby rocket leaves
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add prawns. Cook, turning, for 2-3 mins or until prawns curl and change colour. Add garlic and chilli. Cook for 30 secs or until aromatic. Add the wine or stock and bring to the boil.
Add the tomato to the prawn mixture in the pan and cook, tossing, for 1-2 mins or until just heated through. Remove from heat. Add the pasta and dill and toss to combine. Add the rocket and toss to combine.
Divide the pasta mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan and season. Serve immediately.
Serve with dill sprigs, lemon wedges and dried chilli flakes
For a dose of extra veggies, swap the pasta for Coles Kitchen Australian Zucchini Noodles in this recipe.