Weeknight dinner is looking tasty thanks to this creamy carbonara. It’s loaded with peas and golden chorizo.
- 375g curly fettuccine
- 2 chorizo sausages, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) Coles Snap Frozen Baby Peas, thawed
- 1 cup (250ml) light thickened cream
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until golden.
Add the peas to the chorizo in the pan. Cook for 2 mins or until heated through. Reduce heat to low. Add the pasta and stir to combine. Season.
Whisk the cream, egg, egg yolks and half the parmesan in a bowl. Pour over the pasta mixture and cook, tossing, for 1-2 mins or until sauce thickens slightly.
Divide the pasta mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan to serve.
Serve with chopped chives
Smooth sauce: To avoid scrambling the egg, cook the sauce over low heat, tossing constantly.