Cinnamon porridge with mandarin
Jazz up your next breakfast with this cinnamon and mandarin porridge. It's a tasty and filling way to start your day.
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 2 mandarins, rind finely grated, juiced
- 4 mandarins, extra, zested, sliced
- 2 tbs flaked almonds, toasted
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Ground cinnamon, extra, to serve
Use an electric mixer to whisk the cream, cinnamon and half the sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form.
Combine the oats, mandarin rind, mandarin juice, remaining sugar and 4 cups (1L) water in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 8-10 mins or until the mixture boils and thickens.
Spoon porridge into serving bowls. Top with cream mixture, mandarin zest, mandarin slices and almonds. Top with maple syrup and extra cinnamon.