Courtney Roulston's ham and cheese croissant bake
Make the most of your Christmas ham and try this croissant bake, loaded with gooey cheese. It’s easy to prep and full of flavour.
Note: + 30 mins standing time
- 2 x 168g pkts Coles All Butter Croissants, split
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 350g leftover Christmas ham, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 250g coarsely grated tasty cheddar
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread mustard onto the cut sides of the croissants. Place the ham, onion and cheese into the cavity of the croissants and set aside.
Whisk the eggs, milk and cream in a large jug. Season.
Grease a 12-cup (3L) ovenproof baking dish. Arrange the croissants in the dish. Pour the egg mixture over the croissants. Set aside for 15 mins to soak.
Bake for 50-55 mins or until the egg mixture is just set. Set aside for 15 mins to cool. Sprinkle with chives to serve.