Courtney Roulston’s spring greens tabouli
This tabouli is loaded with spring greens including broccoli and asparagus. Drizzled with mustard and maple dressing, it's a sure-fire hit.
Note: + cooling time
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas, blanched, drained
- 1 small fennel, finely shaved
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch mint, chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (100g) Coles Seed Mix, toasted
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup (145g) pomegranate seeds
- Mustard & maple dressing
- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs Coles Finest Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
Heat half the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a plate. Heat remaining oil in the pan. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 mins or until tender. Season. Transfer to the plate.
To make the mustard and maple dressing, whisk vinegar, oil, mustard and maple syrup in a bowl until combined.
Combine the broccoli, asparagus, peas, fennel, spring onion, mint, parsley, seed mix and chilli, if using, in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and gently toss to coat. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with pomegranate to serve.