Creamy pea and cauliflower soup
Full of flavour, this dairy-free soup is as creamy as it is delicious. Squeeze in those extra veggies with this fast and easy soup that the family are sure to love.
- 1 cup (150g) raw cashews
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 500g frozen peas
- 420g can Coles Cannellini Beans, rinsed, drained
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light coconut milk
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds or toasted sesame seeds
Place the cashews in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 15 mins to soak. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens.
Add the stock cube, cauliflower and 6 cups (1.5L) water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins or until the cauliflower is tender. Add peas and beans and cook for 5 mins or until heated through.
Add cashew, spinach and coconut milk and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until spinach wilts. Cool slightly. Use a stick blender to carefully blend until smooth. Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with cucumber and sesame seeds. Season with pepper to serve.