Crispiest-ever smashed potatoes with cheese and bacon crumb
We’ve got the ultimate comfort food recipe, right here. You can’t go wrong with our crispy smashed potatoes – they’re topped with an irresistible cheese and bacon crumb and served with sour cream.
- 1kg baby Red Royale potatoes
- 2 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 200g pkt real bacon pieces, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup pizza cheese
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh chives
- Baby French kale leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 200˚C. Combine potatoes and 2 tbs oil in a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes or until just tender.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon for 4-5 mins or until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
Using a fork, squash the potatoes until lightly crushed. Top with cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake for 15 mins or until the potatoes are crisp and the cheese has melted. Top with sour cream, bacon and chives. Serve with kale leaves.