Crispy squid tacos with smoky mayonnaise
These crispy squid tacos are a must-try. Topped with a squeeze of lime and smoky mayonnaise, they’re an easy and delicious lunch or dinner option.
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 2/3 cup (100g) rice flour
- 1 cup (100g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- 350g cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced (from the deli)
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 2 x 200g pkts Coles Kitchen Australian Coleslaw
- 125g Coles Peri Peri Flavoured Mayonnaise
- 280g pkt Coles Street Tortilla Wraps
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mint
- Coles Peri Peri Mayonnaise, extra, to serve
Place the egg, rice flour and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Season. Add lime zest to the breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
Pat the squid dry with paper towel. Dip 1 piece of squid in rice flour to coat, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining squid.
Add enough oil to a large frying pan to come 1cm up side of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook the squid, in batches, for 1 min each side or until golden, crisp and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Season.
Combine coleslaw and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Season. Heat the tortilla wraps following packet directions. Place on a clean work surface. Top evenly with the coleslaw mixture, squid and mint. Drizzle with lime juice and extra mayonnaise to serve.
Serve with lime wedges and thinly sliced long red chilli.