Crunchy chicken tacos with Mexican-style rice
Craving Mexican? These crunchy chicken tacos are packed with flavour. They’re perfect for your next midweek meal.
Note: + 20 mins standing time
- 1/2 cup (100g) medium-grain white rice
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 40g pkt Coles Mexico Smokey Chipotle Seasoning or Coles Mexican Seasoning
- 1/2 x 250g pkt Coles Mexican Tortilla Chips, finely crushed
- 600g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (80g) finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 280g pkt Coles Street Tortilla Wraps
- 1/2 baby cos lettuce, finely shredded
- 1/3 cup Coles Creamy Jalapeno Topping
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the rice, beans, stock and 1 tbs of the chipotle or Mexican seasoning in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 mins or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 5 mins to steam. Use a fork to separate the grains.
Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the crushed tortilla chips and remaining chipotle or Mexican seasoning on a shallow plate. Place egg in a shallow bowl. Dip 1 piece of chicken in the egg, then in the tortilla chip mixture to coat. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken, egg and tortilla chip mixture. Spray with olive oil spray. Bake for 15 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, combine the cabbage, vinegar and salt in a small bowl. Set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
Heat the tortilla wraps following packet directions. Place on a clean work surface. Top evenly with the rice mixture, lettuce, cabbage mixture and chicken. Drizzle with the jalapeno topping and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with the lime wedges.