Crunchy falafel and beetroot salad with spiced tahini
Try this falafel and beetroot salad for a tasty, meat-free meal. It’s a fuss-free recipe that’s finished with a spicy homemade dressing.
- 2 tbs hulled tahini
- 1 1/2 tbs chilled water
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 225g pkt classic falafel balls, halved
- 120g pkt Coles 4 Leaf Salad Mix
- 250g cooked baby beetroot, cut into wedges
- 2 tbs mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup dill sprigs
- 2/3 cup (80g) walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup (40g) pomegranate seeds
Place the tahini, chilled water and dried chilli flakes in a small jug. Season with pepper. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, turning halfway, for 5-6 mins, or until charred and just softened. Transfer to a plate. Heat remaining oil in the pan. Add the falafel and cook, turning, for 1-2 mins or until browned and heated through.
Place salad leaves, beetroot, mint, dill and walnuts in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide salad among serving plates. Top with onion and falafel. Drizzle with tahini mixture and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds to serve.