Cucumber sandwich bites
Get the kids munching on veggies with these cucumber sandwich bites. With different fillings to choose from, there’s something for everyone.
- 4 green cucumbers, peeled, ends trimmed
Easy antipasto filling
- 2 prosciutto slices, torn
- 10 cherry bocconcini
- 10g spinach leaves, shredded
- 1 1/2 tbs sun-dried tomato pesto
Pesto chicken filling
- 1/4 cup shredded Coles Hot Roast Chicken, breast meat only
- 1 tbs Coles Basil Pesto Dip
- Basil leaves, to serve
- 1/4 cup drained roasted pepper strips
Ham and avo filling
- 2 ham slices, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 carrot, cut into long matchsticks
- 1/4 avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Creamy salmon filling
- 2 tbs spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tsp chopped dill
- 1/2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 75g hot-smoked salmon
Cut the cucumber in half lengthways. Use a small spoon to remove the seeds.
For the easy antipasto filling, layer prosciutto, cherry bocconcini, spinach and pesto evenly into each cucumber half. Sandwich the halves together and cut into 2cm-thick slices.
For the pesto chicken filling, layer the chicken, pesto dip, basil and roasted pepper evenly into each cucumber half. Sandwich the halves together and cut into 2cm-thick slices.
For the ham and avo filling, layer the ham, carrot and avocado evenly into each cucumber half. Drizzle with lemon juice. Sandwich the halves together and cut into 2cm-thick slices.
For the creamy salmon filling, combine the cream cheese, dill and spring onion in a bowl. Layer the cream cheese mixture and salmon evenly into each cucumber half. Sandwich the halves together and cut into 2cm-thick slices.