Curried chicken drumsticks with lentil and rice salad
Take a faster route to golden chicken drumsticks with the air fryer. Served with lentil and rice salad, this dish is a great midweek meal option.
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 8 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 cup Wellness Road Lentil, Pea & Cauliflower ProRice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g Perino tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 200g plain yoghurt
- Lime wedges, to serve
Preheat air fryer to 180°C. Combine curry powder and half the oil in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cook in air fryer, turning occasionally, for 30 mins or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook the rice following packet directions. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Transfer the rice to a bowl. Add the garlic, onion, tomato, coriander, chilli, if using, and the remaining oil. Toss to combine. Season.
Transfer rice mixture to a serving platter. Top with the chicken. Serve with yoghurt and lime wedges.
Remove the skin
To help lower the fat content of this dish, remove the skin from the chicken drumsticks before coating.