Curried garlic prawns
Quick and easy, these curried garlic prawns are the perfect weeknight meal. Serve with sliced chilli to turn up the heat.
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1kg Coles Thawed Raw Banana Prawns, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs yellow curry paste
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 100g snow peas
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Thinly sliced red chilli, to serve
- Thinly sliced green chilli, to serve
- Roasted cashews, to serve
- Thinly sliced spring onion, to serve
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until prawns curl and change colour. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 secs. Add the curry paste and stir for 30 secs or until aromatic.
Stir in the coconut cream and reduce heat to medium. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until heated through. Season. Add the snow peas and cook for 2 mins or until tender.
Divide the rice among serving bowls and top with the prawn mixture. Sprinkle with combined chilli, cashews, spring onion and basil to serve.