Curried lamb skewers with nectarine and lentil salad
These marinated lamb skewers and fresh nectarine salad is the perfect balance of spices and natural sweetness. Try it for a delicious warm-weather meal.
Note: + 1 hour marinating & 5 mins resting time
- 1/3 cup (90g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 800g Coles Australian Lamb Fillet*, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, rinsed, drained
- 400g Perino tomatoes, halved
- 2 white or yellow nectarines, stoned, cut into wedges
- 2 baby gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 1 continental cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 90ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 long green chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tsp finely grated ginger
- 3 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Combine the yoghurt, ginger, garlic, garam masala and turmeric in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the lamb and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight to develop the flavours.
To make the chilli-lime dressing, combine the oil, lime juice, chilli, garlic, ginger, lime rind and cumin seeds in a screw-top jar. Season.
Thread lamb onto 12 metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Spray with olive oil spray. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook lamb, turning, for 7-8 mins or until lightly charred and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Combine lentils, tomato, nectarine, lettuce, cucumber, coriander and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with half the dressing and toss to coat. Season.
Divide the lentil salad and lamb skewers among serving plates. Drizzle with remaining dressing to serve.
Swap me: Try other lamb cuts, such as rump steak or backstrap, in this recipe.
SERVE WITH lime halves
*Selected stores only. If unavailable, use Coles Australian Lamb Diced.