Curried zucchini slice
After a feel-good savoury snack? Look no further than this curried zucchini slice. It’s a delicious hunger buster.
Note: + cooling time
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 medium (about 780g) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup (80g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) grated light cheddar
- 5 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, whisked
- 1 tbs pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 19cm x 29cm slice pan and line with baking paper. Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 3 mins or until softened. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until aromatic. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add the zucchini, flour, cheddar and egg and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with pepitas.
Bake for 30-35 mins or until golden and firm to the touch. Set aside in the pan to cool. Cut into pieces.