Curtis Stone's BBQ chicken with tomato-braised green beans
Make the most of summer barbecue weather with this delicious chicken recipe. Served with tomato-braised green beans, it’s a real crowd-pleaser.
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 20g finely grated parmesan
- 20g finely grated provolone or mozzarella
- Pinch of ground paprika
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 350g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp ground paprika, extra
- 500g green beans, ends trimmed
- 4 Coles Free Range RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, extra
- Finely chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Finely grated parmesan, extra, to serve
In a medium bowl, combine the butter, parmesan, provolone or mozzarella and paprika. Finely grate 1 garlic clove. Thinly slice remaining garlic. Add the grated garlic to the butter mixture. Use an electric hand mixer to beat mixture until fluffy and creamy, with small bits of cheese visible.
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and onion and cook for 5 mins or until the onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, sliced garlic and extra paprika. Season with salt. Cook, stirring often, for 5 mins or until tomatoes begin to soften. Stir in beans and season with salt. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and very gently simmer for 30 mins or until the beans are very tender, adding about 2 tbs hot water if the sauce looks dry.
Meanwhile, prepare a barbecue for medium heat. Coat chicken with extra oil. Season with salt. Cook for 8 mins. Turn and cook for 6 mins. Spoon a dollop of butter mixture on top of each piece of chicken. Cook for 2 mins or until the chicken is cooked through but still juicy and the butter mixture is melted.
Divide the chicken and tomato mixture among serving plates. Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.
For a lighter alternative, swap cheese-coated chicken for steamed or barbecued firm white fish fillets.