Curtis Stone's BBQ lamb leg with spring chopped salad
Cook up a storm with this spiced BBQ lamb leg and chopped salad. It’s a wholesome meal that’s big on flavour.
- 6 tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 2.5kg Coles Australian Lamb Whole Leg Roast
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tbs finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh dill
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 head cos lettuce, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 continental cucumber, quartered lengthways, cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g sugar snap peas, strings removed, halved
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced lengthways
- 200g Coles Australian Style Fetta, crumbled
- 6 slices Coles Turkish Pide, lightly charred on the barbecue, to serve
Prepare a covered barbecue for indirect cooking on medium-high heat (190C) by lighting the burners under the flat plate. In a small bowl, combine 2 tbs of the oil with the coriander, cumin, 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Coat the lamb with the spice mixture. Lay lamb, fat-side down, on the barbecue flat plate. Close barbecue hood and cook for 10 mins or until well browned.
Transfer lamb to a baking pan, fat-side up, and move to unlit side. Cook, rotating pan halfway through cooking, for 50 mins or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the lamb registers 54°C. Transfer the lamb to a carving board and rest for 15 mins.
In a large bowl, whisk lemon rind, 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice, shallots, dill and remaining 4 tbs oil. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing. Add the radishes, lettuce, radicchio, cucumber and sugar snap peas to the remaining dressing in the bowl and toss to combine.
Arrange the chopped salad on a serving platter with the avocado and fetta. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Carve the lamb and arrange alongside the salad. Serve with charred pide.