Curtis' BBQ steak salad with Thai vinaigrette
Create a gourmet meal in 30 minutes with Curtis Stone’s Asian-inspired BBQ steak salad. It’s a family winner.
- 500g beef grilling steaks (such as porterhouse, rump or Scotch fillet)
- 2 heads baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 60g Coles 4 Leaf Salad
- 3 baby cucumbers, shaved lengthways with a mandolin or vegetable peeler
- 1 carrot, peeled, shaved lengthways with a mandolin or vegetable peeler
- 1 peach or nectarine, pitted, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup each small fresh mint leaves and fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lime juice
- 4 tbs grapeseed oil, divided
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs chopped shallot
- 1 tbs grated peeled ginger
- 1 red birdseye chilli, finely chopped (seeded, if desired)
- 1 tsp caster sugar
Prepare a barbecue for medium-high heat. To make the Thai vinaigrette, in a blender, blend lime juice, 3 tbs of the oil, fish sauce, shallot, ginger, chilli and sugar until smooth.
Coat steaks with remaining 1 tbs oil. Season with salt and pepper. Barbecue steaks, turning once, for 4 mins each side for porterhouse and Scotch fillet, or 2 mins each side for rump, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre registers 54°C. Set steaks aside on a cutting board.
Arrange the baby gem lettuce leaves, salad mix, cucumbers, carrot, peach or nectarine, radishes, mint leaves and coriander leaves on a serving platter. Drizzle some vinaigrette over salad. Slice steaks and place on top of salad. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Check ingredient labels to make sure they meet your specific dietary requirements and always consult a health professional before changing your diet.