Curtis Stone's fried rice with BBQ chicken and vegetables
Time to fire up the grill. This crispy fried rice topped with chicken and fresh herbs is a must-try.
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets, trimmed (about 300g each)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbs finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbs finely chopped ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeded if desired, finely chopped
- 2 carrots (about 200g total), finely chopped
- 100g snow peas, strings removed, cut lengthways into thin strips
- 2 spring onions, white parts and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (450g) cold cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
In a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Reserve 2 tbs of the soy sauce mixture. Combine the chicken and remaining soy sauce mixture in a bowl. Place in the fridge.
Prepare a barbecue flat plate and grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Cook on grill for 5-7 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a carving board and rest for 5 mins. Thickly slice.
Meanwhile, add vegetable oil to the centre of the flat plate. Using a spatula, spread oil to cover about 30cm square. Add garlic, ginger and chilli to the oil. Cook, using the spatula to stir-fry, for 30 secs. Add carrots, snow peas and white parts of spring onions. Stir-fry for 3 mins. Add rice. Stir-fry for 3 mins. Add reserved soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 min.
Divide fried rice and chicken among serving bowls. Sprinkle with coriander, sesame seeds and green parts of spring onions. Serve immediately.