Curtis' fried rice with BBQ chicken and vegetables
Time to fire up the grill. This crispy fried rice topped with chicken and fresh herbs is a must-try.
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets, trimmed (about 300g each)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbs finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbs finely chopped ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeded if desired, finely chopped
- 2 carrots (about 200g total), finely chopped
- 100g snow peas, strings removed, cut lengthways into thin strips
- 2 spring onions, white parts and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (450g) cold cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
In a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Reserve 2 tbs of the soy sauce mixture. Combine the chicken and remaining soy sauce mixture in a bowl. Place in the fridge.
Prepare a barbecue flat plate and grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Cook on grill for 5-7 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a carving board and rest for 5 mins. Thickly slice.
Meanwhile, add vegetable oil to the centre of the flat plate. Using a spatula, spread oil to cover about 30cm square. Add garlic, ginger and chilli to the oil. Cook, using the spatula to stir-fry, for 30 secs. Add carrots, snow peas and white parts of spring onions. Stir-fry for 3 mins. Add rice. Stir-fry for 3 mins. Add reserved soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 min.
Divide fried rice and chicken among serving bowls. Sprinkle with coriander, sesame seeds and green parts of spring onions. Serve immediately.
Check ingredient labels to make sure they meet your specific dietary requirements and always consult a health professional before changing your diet.