Curtis Stone’s kale and avocado cups
Level up your appetiser game with these kale and avocado cups. Full of fresh flavour, this recipe is perfect for spring entertaining.
Note: + 10 mins standing time
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown rice
- 12 kale leaves, rinsed, patted dry with paper towel
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup (35g) unsalted roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 cup (75g) Coles Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Coles Asia Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp sriracha or chilli sauce
Add the rice to a large saucepan of boiling water. Reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30 mins or until the rice is tender. Drain well. Season and return to the pan. Cover and set aside for 10 mins to steam. Use a fork to separate the grains.
Meanwhile, to make the dipping sauce, whisk soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and lime juice in a small bowl.
To make the sriracha mayo, whisk the mayonnaise, oil and sriracha or chilli sauce in a separate small bowl.
Place 1 kale leaf on a clean work surface. Cut crossways, about 6cm from the tip, to make 1 cup. Repeat with the remaining kale leaves.
Arrange kale cups on a serving platter. Spoon 1 tbs of rice into the centre of each cup. Top with avocado, carrot and cucumber. Sprinkle with basil, mint and peanuts. Drizzle with the sriracha mayo and dipping sauce.