Curtis Stone's pasta salad with tomatoes, olives and basil
This fresh-tasting pasta salad is packed with veggies for an easy and filling dinner option.
Note: + 10 mins cooling time
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 anchovies packed in oil, drained, very finely chopped (optional)
- 500g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 300g fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/3 cup (50g) kalamata olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs baby capers, drained
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil, extra
In a large frying pan over medium heat, add the oil, capsicum, garlic, anchovies, if using, and 1 tsp salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 mins, or until capsicum is soft and garlic is lightly toasted. Add half the tomatoes and half the parsley and cook, tossing often, for 1 min. Remove pan from heat and stir in the vinegar.
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until tender. Drain well. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Add tomato mixture and gently fold to combine. Set aside for 10 mins, tossing occasionally, to cool slightly.
Add basil, olives, capers, lemon zest, 1 tbs lemon juice, remaining tomatoes and remaining parsley. Drizzle with the extra oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add more lemon juice, if needed.
Serve with basil leaves