Curtis Stone’s peach and quinoa salad
This peach and quinoa salad will be your new go-to side dish. It's fresh, filling and tasty.
Note: + 20 mins cooling time
- 3/4 cup (150g) quinoa, preferably red
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil, divided
- 2 limes, zest finely grated, juiced
- 3 tsp honey
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded, very thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup mint leaves, divided
- 60g baby kale leaves or baby spinach leaves
- 1 firm but ripe white or yellow nectarine, halved, pitted, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 firm but ripe white or yellow peach, halved, pitted, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 firm but ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, cut into 12 wedges
- 1/2 cup (70g) macadamias, toasted, coarsely chopped
Rinse quinoa under running water in a fine sieve. Drain well. Heat 1 tbs oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add quinoa and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until quinoa is toasted. Add 1 1/4 cups (310ml) water and bring to the boil. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 mins or until quinoa has absorbed liquid and is tender. Spread quinoa over a baking tray and set aside for 20 mins to cool completely.
In a medium bowl, whisk lime zest, 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice, honey and remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil. Season dressing with salt. Toss onions, capsicum and 1/3 cup of the mint leaves in the dressing and set aside at room temperature while the quinoa cools.
Spread quinoa over a serving platter. Top with kale or spinach, nectarine, peach and avocado. Spoon dressing, onion and capsicum over salad. Scatter macadamias and remaining mint leaves over salad. Season and serve.