Curtis Stone’s roast chicken drumsticks with avocado
Here’s a hearty and wholesome family feed. Curtis Stone pairs chicken drumsticks with avocado and spring onion for a fresh and flavourful meal.
- 1.2kg Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tsp plus 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 lime, zest finely grated, juiced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (500g) cooked SunRice Medium Grain Brown Rice
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced). Place a rack on a large heavy baking tray. Using a sharp knife, score the skin and flesh on chicken. Coat with 2 tsp oil and season all over with salt and pepper. Place chicken on rack on baking tray and roast for 25-30 mins or until chicken is crisp on outside and cooked through.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk lime juice, lime zest and spring onion. Slowly whisk in ⅓ cup (80ml) oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon warm rice among serving plates and top with chicken. Arrange avocado slices alongside chicken and sprinkle avocado with salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing to serve.