Curtis Stone's herb-parmesan stuffing
Looking for a tasty festive side? This herb and parmesan stuffing is as easy as it is delicious. It will complete any Christmas menu.
Note: + cooling time
- 900g (3 loaves) Coles Bakery Stone Baked Ciabatta*, cut into 2cm cubes
- 275g butter
- 2 bunches spring onions, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 5 celery sticks, cut into small pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tbs each chopped oregano, sage and thyme
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 extra-large Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 cups (500ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup (80g) coarsely grated parmesan
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Spread bread on 2 large rimmed baking trays. Bake for 20 mins or until dry. Set aside to cool.
In a large heavy frying pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add spring onions, celery, parsley, oregano, sage, thyme and garlic and sauté for 6 mins or until celery is tender.
Toss bread cubes and vegetable mixture in a very large bowl. Fold in eggs and stock. Mix in parmesan.
Transfer stuffing to a greased 23cm x 33cm baking dish. Cover with greased foil. Bake for 30 mins. Uncover and bake for a further 30 mins or until golden and crisp.