Curtis Stone's shaved apple salad
Curtis Stone teams red and green apples with crunchy celery, walnuts and a honey dressing to make a tasty salad to serve with pork and chicken.
- 3½ tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp honey
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp walnut oil or macadamia oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 Jazz apples
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced diagonally
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1½ tbs coarsely chopped tarragon
- Tender inner celery leaves, to serve (optional)
- 100g-piece manchego
In a medium bowl, whisk vinegar and honey to blend. While whisking, slowly add combined oil in a thin stream to blend completely. Season vinaigrette with salt.
Just before serving, use a mandolin or vegetable slicer to thinly slice the apples, avoiding and discarding cores.
Arrange apple slices, celery, walnut and tarragon onto centre of 8 plates, alternating between types of apples. Top with celery leaves, if using.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave manchego over salads. Drizzle salads with the vinaigrette and season with salt. Serve immediately.