Curtis Stone’s spiced melon with prosciutto, mint and basil
Topped with prosciutto, this delicious spiced melon recipe makes an impressively easy appetiser.
4 as a starter
Note: + 5 mins standing time
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 rockmelon, peeled, seeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, divided
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, divided
- 3 slices prosciutto, cut into small pieces
Finely grate the lime rind onto a chopping board (reserve the lime for juicing). Use a sharp knife to chop the lime rind. Place in a small bowl with the salt and stir to combine. Juice the reserved lime into a large bowl. Add the oil, chilli and 1/2 tsp salt mixture. Set aside for 5 mins to develop the flavours.
Add the melon, half the basil and half the mint to the oil mixture and gently toss to combine. Transfer the melon mixture to a serving platter. Top with prosciutto. Sprinkle with the remaining lime salt, basil and mint.