Curtis Stone's steak tacos with spring onions and pepita salsa verde
Curtis Stone uses tender porterhouse steak to make these tasty soft shell tacos with a pepita salsa.
Note: + resting time
- Coles No Added Hormone Australian Beef Porterhouse Steaks (about 250g each)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 spring onions
- 1 jalapeño chilli, halved, seeded
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 2 tbs pepitas, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 18 corn flour tortillas (about 14cm in diameter)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (120g) shredded green cabbage
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
Prepare a barbecue for medium-high heat. Coat steaks with 2 tsp of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Barbecue steaks for 2 mins each side or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre registers 54°C for medium-rare doneness. Set steaks aside to rest on a cutting board.
Coat spring onions and jalapeño with 2 tsp of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Barbecue, turning occasionally, for 3 mins or until they are nicely charred but still crisp. Transfer to another cutting board. Finely chop spring onions and jalapeño.
In a small bowl, stir remaining oil, lime juice, coriander, pepitas, garlic, spring onions and jalapeño. Season salsa verde with salt and pepper.
Cook the tortillas on barbecue for 2 mins each side. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Thinly slice the steaks against the grain. Divide among warm tortillas. Top with the avocado, cabbage, radish and salsa verde. Serve with lime wedges.