Curtis Stone’s Thai-style citrus salad
Spice up your evening with this Thai-style salad for a starter or light meal. It's a great way to make the most of delicious citrus fruits.
4 as a side
Note: + standing time
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) grapeseed oil
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger
- 1 tbs thinly sliced lemongrass
- 1 small red birdseye chilli, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 1 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 Ruby Red grapefruit
- 3 oranges, peeled, sliced crossways
- 3 mandarins, peeled,
- sliced crossways
- 1 shallot, finely shaved
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup (45g) unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Combine the lime juice, oil, ginger, lemongrass, chilli and sugar in a small bowl. Season with salt. Set aside to develop the flavours.
Meanwhile, use a small sharp knife to cut away the peel and white pith from the grapefruit. Working over a bowl, cut in between each membrane to release the segments.
Arrange the grapefruit, oranges, mandarins, shallot, mint and coriander on a serving platter. Drizzle with the lime mixture and sprinkle with peanuts.