Dairy-free beetroot and raspberry brownie
Introducing our new favourite brownie recipe. It’s rich, fudgy and packed with walnuts, raspberries and a secret veggie ingredient.
Note: + Cooling time
- 150g Nuttelex or dairy-free spread
- 300g dairy-free dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (180g) coconut sugar or rapadura sugar
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) Coles Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup (95g) coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup (about 160g) grated beetroot
- 125g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup (55g) coarsely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease the base and sides of a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan and line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang. Combine the spread and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 mins or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 5 mins to cool.
Stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture in the bowl. Add the eggs and stir to combine. Add the flour, cacao powder, yoghurt and beetroot and stir to combine. Add three-quarters of the raspberries and walnut. Gently fold to combine.
Spoon the raspberry mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Sprinkle with the remaining raspberries and walnut. Bake for 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool. Cut into pieces to serve.
Freeze it: Make the brownie, then cool and wrap in plastic wrap and foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before cutting into pieces to serve.