Dark chocolate crackle bites
Whip up a batch of these easy and delicious dark chocolate crackles. They’re the perfect treat when you need a sweet pick-me-up.
Note: + 30 mins chilling time
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 125g unrefined virgin coconut oil or copha
- 3 cups (105g) rice bubbles
- ½ cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut, toasted
- ¼ cup (35g) slivered almonds, toasted
- Creative Kitchen Gold Delight Toppings, to decorate
Line two 12-hole, 30ml (1½-tbs) mini muffin pans with paper cases. Combine the chocolate and coconut oil or copha in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon for 5 mins or until oil and chocolate melt and mixture is smooth.
Combine the rice bubbles, icing sugar, cocoa powder, coconut and almonds in a large bowl. Pour over the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Divide evenly among the lined pans. Sprinkle with toppings. Place in the fridge for 30 mins or until firm.
Raise the bar: For an easy twist, press mixture into a greased and lined 12.5cm x 24.5cm bar pan and cut into 24 pieces once firm.