Deep dish slow cooker pizza
Cheesy pizza made in the slow cooker? You bet! Topped with pepperoni, veggies and pork sausages, it’s a guaranteed family hit.
Note: + 15 mins standing time
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp (1 sachet/7g) dried yeast
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 Coles Finest Italian Style Pork Sausages, casings removed
- 1/3 cup (95g) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (100g) shredded pizza cheese
- 50g thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup (75g) pitted mixed olives
- 50g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 green capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- Basil leaves, to serve
Combine the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Add oil and 3/4 cup (185ml) warm water. Use a round-bladed knife to stir until combined. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 mins or until smooth. Set aside for 15 mins to rest.
Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break into lumps, for 5 mins or until browned.
Grease a slow cooker and line the base and side with 2 layers of baking paper, allowing 2 long sides to extend 5cm up the side. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 25cm x 30cm oval shape. Place in the prepared slow cooker, turning the edge to make a 2cm border.
Combine the pizza sauce and diced tomato in a bowl. Spread over the dough. Top with the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, olives, cherry tomato and capsicum.
Cover and cook for 1½ hours on high (or 3 hours on low) or until the pizza base is golden underneath. Use the paper to transfer pizza to a clean work surface. Sprinkle with basil and cut into slices.