Easy egg and bacon loaf
Try this egg and bacon loaf for an easy and delicious meal. It will make a great addition to your Easter lunch menu.
Note: + 5 mins cooling time
- 1 Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Pane Di Casa
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, hard-boiled, coarsely chopped
- 6 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, extra
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1 tbs finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 50g fetta, crumbled
- 120g pkt Coles Baby Spinach & Rocket
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (25g) shaved parmesan
- 1/4 cup (60ml) French dressing
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use a serrated knife to cut the top third from the loaf. Scoop bread from the centre, leaving a 1cm-thick shell. Place the shell on the lined tray.
Cook the bacon in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 5 mins or until brown and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
Arrange the bacon and boiled egg in the bread shell. Whisk the extra eggs, cream, chives and grated parmesan in a medium bowl. Season. Pour over the bacon mixture in the bread shell. Top with asparagus. Sprinkle with fetta. Bake for 45 mins or until golden brown and set. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly.
Combine the spinach and rocket, onion, radish and shaved parmesan in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine. Cut the loaf into 2cm-thick slices. Serve with salad.
Serve with: finely grated parmesan
Use it up
Turn your excess bread into crispy croutons for the Crunchy Kale & Beetroot Salad.