Easy pilaf with pumpkin, chicken and dukkah
Using Coles Hot Roast Chicken you can whip up this easy-as pilaf. Add some green chilli to turn up the heat.
Note: 5 mins resting time
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tbs pistachio dukkah
- 250g pkt microwavable basmati rice
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock, warmed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 110g tub Coles Deli Marinated Split Green Olives
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 Coles RSPCA Approved Hot Roast Chicken
Heat 1 tbs oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and pumpkin and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until the onion softens. Add the dukkah and rice and stir to combine.
Add stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 mins or until the pumpkin is just tender. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Place the parsley, chilli, if using, olive, lemon juice and the remaining oil in a small bowl and stir to combine. Cut the chicken into portions and arrange over rice mixture in the pan. Season. Spoon over the parsley mixture to serve.
Serve with pistachio dukkah, flat-leaf parsley leaves and lemon wedges.