Fish and chickpea stew
Hearty and wholesome, this fish stew is loaded with chickpeas and veggies for a meal the family will love.
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) fish or vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 kale leaves, trimmed, chopped
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Sliced Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Mini White Pane Di Casa, to serve
Spray a large saucepan with olive oil spray. Place over medium-low heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until soft and golden. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic.
Add the tomato, stock and chickpeas to the onion mixture in the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 mins or until the mixture thickens slightly.
Add the fish and kale to the pan and simmer for 5 mins or until the fish is just cooked through. Season.
Divide the stew among serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve with the bread.
Swap the fish stock and fish for veggie stock and any frozen veg in your freezer, like peas and corn.