Get ahead with lunch-box snacks and whip up a batch of these pumpkin and blueberry muffins. Once cooled, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated Kent pumpkin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3/4 cup (185ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (65g) toasted muesli
- Blueberries, extra, to sprinkle
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole, 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
Combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon and blueberries in a large bowl. Whisk the egg, oil and buttermilk in a jug. Add the egg mixture to the pumpkin mixture in the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined (don’t overmix).
Divide mixture among the paper cases. Sprinkle with the muesli and extra blueberries. Bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.