French-style braised chicken with leek and mushroom
Loaded with leek and mushroom, this French-style braised chicken is a must-try for dinner. It’s an easy one-pot wonder that’s perfect for the cooler months.
- 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Cutlets
- 1 leek, pale section only, thickly sliced
- 200g brown mushrooms, halved
- 2 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 tbs Coles Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup (250ml) Coles Real Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring (pure) cream or thickened cream
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs coarsely chopped tarragon
Heat a casserole pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil spray. Season the chicken and add to the pan, skin-side down. Cook for 2-3 mins each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
Add the leek, mushroom and bacon to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the leek is tender. Add mustard and stir to combine. Add the stock and cream and stir to combine.
Return the chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the lemon juice and tarragon. Season to serve.
Serve with steamed green beans, mashed potato and tarragon leaves