French-style mustard and white wine chicken
A classic French casserole, this one pot dish combines chicken drumsticks, leek and lentils cooked in a white wine and mustard sauce.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Cutlets
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 4 middle bacon rashers, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- ½ cup (100g) French-style lentils
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, peeled, ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1½ cups (375ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup (80g) crème fraîche
- 1 tbs tarragon leaves
Preheat oven to 150°C. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 mins each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in the pan. Add onion, leek, bacon and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the onion softens. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 2-3 mins or until the wine reduces by half. Return chicken to the pan with lentils, potato, carrot, stock and mustard. Gently fold to combine. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for a further 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in crème fraîche. Top with tarragon. Season.