Ginger, lemongrass and chilli glazed pork
Coated with a ginger, lemongrass and chilli glaze, this flavourful pork is a must-try. Top it with sliced red chilli for an extra kick.
Note: + 15 mins resting time
- 1 tbs finely chopped lemongrass or lemongrass paste
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Coles Crushed Chilli or chilli paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2kg Coles Australian Pork Leg Roast Boneless
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 200g shiitake mushrooms
- 200g brown mushrooms
- 200g cup mushrooms, halved
- 1 bunch pak choy, halved
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Thinly sliced spring onion, to serve
- Thinly sliced long red chilli, to serve (optional)
Preheat oven to 250°C. Place the lemongrass, ginger, sugar, vinegar, crushed chilli or chilli paste and oil in a food processor and process until well combined.
Pat the pork dry with paper towel. Place pork in a roasting pan and rub with the lemongrass mixture. Roast for 35-40 mins or until the skin is crisp and crackling. Reduce oven to 150°C. Roast for 50 mins. Add onion to the pan. Roast for 40 mins, adding mushroom to the pan for the last 30 mins of cooking. Add pak choy to the pan and roast for a further 5 mins or until the pak choy is tender and the pork is just cooked through. Loosely cover with foil and set aside for 15 mins to rest.
Toss vegetables in the pan juices to coat. Sprinkle the pork with coriander, spring onion and chilli, if using, and cut into slices to serve.