Take your classic brownie to the next level with our gingerbread twist. This festive take on everyone's favourite treat will be a hit this Christmas.
Note: + Cooling time
- 200g butter, chopped
- 200g Coles Belgian 70% Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 200g cooked gingerbread men biscuits
- 50g Coles Belgian White Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 50g Coles Belgian 70% Dark Chocolate, extra, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square (base measurement) cake pan, allowing the sides to overhang. Combine the butter and dark chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until butter and chocolate melt and mixture is well combined. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add the sugar and eggs. Stir to combine. Add the flour, cocoa powder, sour cream, ginger and mixed spice. Stir to combine.
Coarsely chop one-quarter of the gingerbread men. Add to the chocolate mixture with the white chocolate and extra dark chocolate.
Pour into the prepared pan. Arrange the remaining gingerbread over the surface. Bake for 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with crumbs attached. Set aside in the pan to cool completely. Cut into pieces to serve.