Gluten-free blueberry, coconut and seed loaf
Made with juicy blueberries, coconut and seeds, this gluten-free loaf is delicious served warm with butter and honey.
- 1 cup (150g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 cup (100g) hazelnut meal
- 2/3 cup (150g) raw caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup (160ml) unsweetened almond and coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g blueberries
- 1/4 cup (50g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup (20g) shredded coconut
- 2 tbs sunflower kernels
- 2 tsp white sugar
- Softened butter, to serve
- Honey, to serve
- Blueberries, extra, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 6cm-deep, 11cm x 21cm loaf pan, extending paper by 10cm over long sides.
Combine flour, hazelnut meal, caster sugar and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk oil, milk, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add to the flour mixture. Stir until combined. Fold in blueberries. Pour into the prepared pan.
Combine the pepitas, coconut and sunflower kernels in a bowl. Sprinkle over top of cake.
Sprinkle with white sugar. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of loaf comes out clean.
Stand in the pan for 15 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature with butter, honey and extra blueberries.