Gluten-free carrot cake
Try this carrot cake for a gluten-free treat that the whole family will love. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Note: + cooling time
- 3/4 cup (100g) gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 cup (65g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (20g) gluten-free baby rice cereal
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2/3 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated carrot
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbs lemon juice
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
Place the combined flour, rice cereal, mixed spice and sugar in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add the carrot, egg and oil and stir until just combined.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool.
To make the lemon icing, place the butter and icing sugar in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in enough lemon juice to make a spreadable paste.
Transfer the cake to a board. Spread the top of the cake with lemon icing. Cut into pieces.