Gluten-free spiced tomato rice with salmon
Enjoy some speedy seafood during the week with this spiced tomato rice and salmon dish. It’s gluten-free and on the table in 30 minutes.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) medium-grain rice, rinsed, drained
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) gluten-free vegetable stock, heated
- 4 Coles Fresh Tasmanian Salmon Portions Skin Off, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped oregano
- 250g steamed green beans, halved
Preheat oven to 220°C. Add 2 tbs oil to a 25cm x 35cm (base measurement) baking pan. Heat pan in oven for 5 mins.
Carefully add the onion, garlic, rice, tomatoes and stock to the hot dish. Season and turn to coat. Spread evenly over the base of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 mins.
Meanwhile, place the salmon in a bowl. Add paprika, chilli flakes, if using, lemon juice, oregano and remaining oil. Season and gently toss to coat.
Remove the pan from the oven and uncover. Preheat grill on high. Arrange salmon mixture and beans over the rice mixture. Cook under the grill for 5 mins or until the salmon is just cooked through. Cool slightly before serving.
Serve with oregano and lemon wedges