Green bean salad with coriander salsa verde
This delicious green bean salad makes the ideal side. It’s easy to prepare and is packed with flavour thanks to coriander salsa verde.
- 600g green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4cm-piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 5 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red birdseye chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- Spring onion curls, to serve
Cook the beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 mins or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a serving platter.
Place the coriander, mint, garlic, ginger, anchovy, lime juice or lemon juice, fish sauce and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Season with pepper and toss gently to combine. Spoon over the beans. Sprinkle with chilli, if using, and spring onion to serve.