Green goddess hummus sandwiches
Take picnics to the next level with these wholesome sandwiches, loaded with hummus and crunchy greens.
- 200g Coles Hummus Dip
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbs finely chopped chives
- 2 tbs finely chopped basil
- 8 slices Coles High Fibre Multigrain Sandwich Loaf
- 4 oak leaf lettuce leaves
- 120g fresh mozzarella or bocconcini, thickly sliced
- 8 Perino tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (40g) alfalfa sprouts
- 2 pickled onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
Combine the hummus, lemon rind, chive and basil in a bowl. Season.
Place bread on a clean work surface. Spread with hummus mixture. Top 4 slices of bread with lettuce, mozzarella or bocconcini, tomato, sprouts, onion and cucumber. Season. Top with remaining bread, hummus-side down. Cut in half.