Dinner is ready in 30 minutes with this delicious veggie-packed minestrone soup. Vibrant and flavoursome, it’s a must-try.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped, leaves reserved
- 1/2 small savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 8 cups (2L) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbs chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup (130g) Coles Basil Pesto
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until onion softens slightly. Add the celery and cabbage. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until cabbage wilts. Add the zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until heated through. Add stock and bring to the boil.
Add the broccoli, peas and cannellini beans. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 mins or until broccoli is bright green and tender crisp. Add rosemary. Season.
Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with the pesto. Sprinkle with the parmesan and reserved celery leaves.
Use 1 tsp dried rosemary leaves instead of the fresh rosemary.
You’ll have celery left over here – chop and add it to stir-fries for a fresh boost. Or, stir it through creamy potato salad with the leftover pesto.