Green olive stuffed chicken with cauliflower puree
Served on a bed of cauliflower puree, this green olive stuffed chicken is definitely a dish to impress. The ultimate combination of salty, tender and creamy, it’s a tasty way to sneak some extra veg into dinner.
Note: + 5 mins standing time
- 110g tub Coles Deli Express Marinated Split Green Olives in Herbs & Garlic
- 1/4 cup (40g) smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets
- 8 cherry bocconcini, torn
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) marsala wine or extra chicken stock
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 2 brushed potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80g) mascarpone
- Extra virgin olive oil, extra, to serve
- Steamed baby broccoli, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the olive, almond, anchovy and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add 2 tbs oil and process until almost smooth.
Place the chicken on a clean work surface. Use a small sharp knife to cut a small slit lengthways into the side of each chicken fillet to make a pocket (don’t cut all the way through). Divide the olive mixture and bocconcini evenly among each pocket. Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each chicken fillet to enclose the filling.
Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 2 mins each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a lined baking tray. Bake for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
Return frying pan to the heat. Add stock and wine or extra stock. Bring to the boil. Cook for 3-4 mins or until the liquid reduces by about three-quarters.
Meanwhile, place cauliflower and potato in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 mins or until the potato and cauliflower are tender. Drain well. Set aside for 5 mins to steam.
Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a clean food processor with mascarpone. Process until smooth. Season. Push the cauliflower mixture through a fine sieve into a heatproof bowl.
Divide the cauliflower puree evenly among serving plates. Thickly slice the chicken and arrange over the cauliflower puree. Drizzle with the stock mixture and extra oil. Season with pepper and serve with the baby broccoli.