Green salad with egg and shredded brussel sprouts
Loaded with egg, veggies and crunchy pepitas, this speedy salad is sure to please.
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup (10g) flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup (50g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, chopped
- 120g sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved
- 300g brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 tsp Coles Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
Cook the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 6 mins for soft yolks or until cooked to your liking. Refresh under cold water.
Place a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the coconut and pepitas. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until toasted. Transfer to a plate.
Heat half the oil in the pan. Add the asparagus and sugar snap peas and stir-fry for 1-2 mins. Add the brussels sprout and lemon rind. Stir-fry for 1 min or until brussels sprout is tender. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Add coconut mixture and mint and toss to combine.
Place the mustard, buttermilk, remaining oil and 2 tbs of lemon juice in a screw-top jar. Seal and shake to combine. Season.
Peel the eggs and cut in half. Divide the salad evenly among serving bowls. Top with the egg and drizzle with the dressing. Season.
Serve with lemon wedges and Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Sourdough Baguette.